Monday, 30 September 2013

Emerald Fist Tactical Marines WIP

I got my bases from Dragon Forge to match the rest I'd already purchased.  I bought a bunch of 40 mm ones previously and hav

e decided I want to put all of my models on slate bases now.  The added bonus of putting tactical marines on a scenic base is it makes them taller.  Paired with my old cadians the marines actually look larger which is a nice effect.

Here's the 10 guys I've made up as 'team melta'  I put a combi melta I made onto the sergeant, added a melta bomb, multi melta and melta gun to the squad.  The squad weapons are magnetized anyway, but for immediate gaming I wanted a bunch of melta guns to potentially fall out of a drop pod or a transport.  Despite current internet meta, my area still uses a lot of vehicles and I like the versatility of an assault AP1 gun.

Monday, 23 September 2013

Emerald Fists - Wave Two 1700pts

So this is somewhere around 1700 points.  It's my 2nd large wave of minis to paint for my Emerald Fists.  I put a bunch of this stuff together and figured I should do the base coats all at once. That gives me a fellblade, 3 predators, a vindicator, drop pod, command squad, tactical team and terminator squad in progress.  I'm likely not going to be doing the next steps all at once, but picking unit by unit.  First up I really owe it to the army to get a tactical squad done so I have two.  This is also a bit of a rush for some models since I'm guessing the new codex may invalidate some and I want to get a few of these painted before the new models come out and I get distracted.

Monday, 16 September 2013

[Emerald Fists] Chaplain Dreadnought (Ironclad)

I really like the chaplain dreadnought model but the rules were bad and I wanted something that would also work in regular 40k games.  The ironclad model also looks like a knuckle dragging gorilla so this model will kill two birds with one stone.  I modelled the crosius with the aquila from the old command tank upgrade sprue on a las cannon handle.  I have a lot of stuff on my painting table and this is at the back for now, but the bits to complete it finally showed up in the mail (the left arm namely) and I wanted to complete the model as proof of concept.  As another note, the crown thing on the top of the sarcophagus had huge star point things on it which I chopped off.  I knew they'd break later so just trimmed it pre paint.

Monday, 9 September 2013

Terrorgheist Nurgle Heldrake counts-as Complete.

My counts-as heldrake is finished!  I went back and forth on how to finish the statue and decided the simplest way and easiest way to tie it into my nurgle army was to use the slate colour from my bases; it's dark and makes the dragon pop.  I left a giant mould line on the right wing and didn't notice until it was painted.  Luckily it looks a bit like a crack in the bone so it isn't too big a deal!  The statue is luckily about the height of a flying base which is good for LoS.  Pictures will do better than my blathering :)

Monday, 2 September 2013

Terrorgheist Hell Drake WIP part 2

Here's the next stage in my heldrake.  The green and bones are done and the muscles have been washed.  I'm going to go back and do some highlights on the bone and a few other areas before moving on to the statue.  I had debated doing a marble for the statue but after talking it out, decided that I'd either do a bad job OR it would be so good it would distract from the dragon; "What's the ugly thing on that sweet statue" my friend had offered...  

Followers

Google+ Followers

Blog Exchanges