Tuesday, 29 July 2014

[Emerald Fists] Tactical Marines x20! WIP

The last chunk of Emerald Fists as part of the 'Wave 3' models I'm doing are the tactical marines.  Seeing as how these are a two squads and exactly the same as the last twenty I did a year ago I am not excited at all.  So I decided to just paint all twenty at once.  This will take some time I think.  And a lot of hand cramping.  I mixed and matched some bits from the sternguard sprue (shoulders etc.) to make the sergeants in this squad.  The sternguard sprue is pretty neat with the combi weapons.  The bases were all premade a while back so they're in the closet waiting to have marines swapped onto the marines.  This significantly speeds up the process. 

Tuesday, 22 July 2014

Escalation Nurgle Bile Trolls Complete (chaos spawn counts as)

Here are my finished Nurgle Bile Trolls which will be used as chaos spawn.  They're mounted on 60 mm bases so they're quite huge.  Think dreadnought sized.  They're based coated with a catachan green and then highlighted with shadow grey and space wolf grey.  Drybrushing of rotting flesh was added to give different hues.  The rust was accomplished with bestial brown, snakebite leather and an orange with a wash.  I also added various spots with nurgle's rot which is cool stuff.

Tuesday, 15 July 2014

Escalation Nurgle Bile Trolls WIP 2

More progress on my chaos spawn.  I've added some wash, drybrushed with spacewolf grey, rotting flesh and dhenab stone to give it some tones.  This is the first time I've tried out Nurgle's Rot and it's neat stuff.  It's a translucant paint.  You can see it on the edge of the rusted sword blade.  This was two light coats.  It gives it a sickly green tinge.  If you put too much on, it's a very bright green and I feel ruins the effect.  I've added this in various spots on these models to look like an infection in the wounds or puss coming from sores.  I'm even going back on some older models to spruce up the sickly areas.

Tuesday, 8 July 2014

Escalation Nurgle Bile Trolls (Chaos Spawn) WIP

Here's an initial shot of the chaos spawn I'm working on.  One of these will be added to my 200 point list for Game 1 of my escalation project.  They're made from Forge World Bile Trolls and are on 60mm bases which makes them larger than normal chaos spawn but the models are awesome and I couldn't resist using them in game.  I figure the large size is befitting toughness six anyway :)

Saturday, 5 July 2014

[Star Wars X-Wing] TIE Fighter Paint Job

I've been playing so much x-wing lately and while sitting around today I was struck with the desire to paint one of my TIE fighters to differentiate it from academy TIEs.  I adhered a quarter with stick-tac to the side and this let me ensure the circle was round.  I used a light cream colour and then washed it with black wash.  I will confess I only painted one side though.  Here's the handy tutorial I followed.

Tuesday, 1 July 2014

[Emerald Fists] Contemptor Dreadnought Done

Here's my finished comtemptor dreadnought.  Even with the paint chipping there were some excessively large areas that I felt needed more detail so I added some script work to the knee pad, the legs and shoulders.  Not much to say about it.  The model is really nice, it has so much ability to be posed; as the ankle, knee and hips are all jointed in addition to the waste head shoulders and elbows.  It does make it difficult to put together at first so use some putty and pins.  On to pictures!

Followers

Google+ Followers

Blog Exchanges