Kingdom Death - Ranger

Here's my Echoes of Death - 2 (Kingdom Death) Ranger. I'm practicing on these models my eye painting. I think hers came out as an improvement over previous attempts. I think I could have had them 'look' like they were pointed in a better direction (perhaps the direction of the bow) but I'm not capable of that yet (eyes are hard!) and honestly the bow doesn't look like it's in position to where she'd be looking; I think she's actually bringing the bow up to shoot so it's a little off to the right of where she'd be looking anyway. Honestly at this scale though, this entire process of painting to this level of detail is only for the fun of it, and some internet photos, because on the table and in my display case the detail is lost from distance anyway. So for my own recollection, to do the eyes, I'm doing black first, to serve as the eye liner and then adding the white, followed by a large pupil. I read for male models to use a brown for the eye liner; I'll try that next time. I'm also going to try colour iris on the next one.

My intention with the arrows wasn't that they're on fire but that the feathers were from a phoenix. 





Comments