Kingdom Death - Hungry Basalt

After painting a poop I felt the need to keep going, and pick away at some models that have been sitting in my cupboard for over a year. I settled on the 'hungry basalt' model from the vignette of death white lion. 

I already have a few 'gorm suit' models painted, and one even has a similar load out (axe/shield) but this model is way more dynamic than the one I pieced together from the armour kit. I didn't want to go with the same 'boring' black leather gimp suit I used on those models, so I decided to make it a patch work of different hides and I really like how it turned out. I have some light tan, 3 different browns and a black and it make it look way more visually interesting than my last attempt and has the added benefit that no one would find this out of place as a 'leather' armour set either in-game, for which I did not already have a painted model. Win-win all around! 

I've not see another model painted this way so I hope it provides some inspiration to someone out there.


For the lantern I tried out an easier / different technique than I'd been doing before (dry brushing from orange to white). I basically painted the whole thing with mithril silver (the brightest metallic I had) and then used yellow and orange inks to give it a glow. It's way more subdued and not as bright. I'm not sure which I like more as I did not attempt OSL and neither is super great.


Comments