Kingdom Death Sword Hunter Painted

I wasn't sure if I'd paint this one (I only wanted the game content) but after painting the Detective Twilight Knight I eager to keep painting. This model was a pain in the ass for me. I had to constantly keep doing touch ups because those cloth wraps are in the way of everything and I kept getting red on the white, white on the metal and metal on the red. The white started with a grey and is highlighted up to skull white. I went back twice to touch up and darken the skin as well. Considering the first white speaker I painted, I wanted something with more contrast.

Given the last two models I've painted I also think I need to work on my camera's exposure or maybe they'd have been better with a white background? I couldn't capture the simple freehand I tried on the fore sword. It's nothing fancy but demonstrates how I couldn't get the right exposure (this overdid the white too). 


Original white speaker from a few years back




 

Comments