KD Detective Twilight Knight 1 Day Paint

"With an impeccable track record, the Detective was not surprised to find the culprit. She was, however, surprised to find that the local settlement had beat her to it and elected the murderer as boss."

Finished in one day! That shouldn't really be a feat, but this ended up taking way longer than I'm familiar with. I've painted other models in one sitting but never over such a long period and with no interruptions (TV). From start to finish, including the base, this model took around 9 hours. Although I'm probably wildly inefficient, it scares me to think how long it takes good painters to paint to the top levels on CMON.

I tried to drill out the 6 chambers on her revolver but my bit slipped a bit so now it doesn't look as 'crisp' as it could and I also think her pupil could maybe have been positioned a bit different? It looks a bit too shocked. And my last self-critique, the last highlight on the stockings is too stark on camera.  But enough, I am happy overall with it.

I'll also point out/ask, on the sword sheath, there's a tube strapped to the underside. A friend and I came to the conclusion that it is a barrel extension for the handgun (because why not) but I have no confirmation. If anyone knows, I'd be interested to hear. 

Back shot

Comments