Kingdom Death White Gigalion Painted

I'm super happy with how this came out! Glad I got a new airbrush too for the white. I wasn't happy with the vines on the base so to keep it inline aesthetically with my other stone faces I used some tiny vines and flowers (also white to match) and added those behind him. I also wasn't sure about the smoke so gave it a purple hue so it would stay dark but also stand out from the stone.

I also added quite a bit of reds to the survivor body and then covered it with blood for the blood god. I can't imagine this lion has good table manners, but at the same time, didn't want to detract from the lion itself with too much gore (hands/face). I'd also applied way too much satin  spray varnish (or maybe it was because of the white) but it was too shiny and looked like a wet cat. So for the first time and despite having had it on my shelf for years (was a gift) I decided to spray a bunch of models with some mat varnish through the airbrush. I was worried it would fog up but went very lightly on it and it turned out ok.







Now and Then


Comments

Post a Comment