Kingdom Death - Lion Knight - Painted

This model is awesome.  I really enjoyed painting him.  My wife thought I should go with the purple and it does look rather royal.  Also the 'king of the jungle' should have a lot of gold, so he gets some very flashy armour.  The colours for his mane and face were inspired by google photos of lions and his retinue was done with pale flesh and blonde hair to tie into him.  I didn't want anything too stark beyond that.  

I can always go back but I left his claws clean.  Any thoughts on bloodying them up?  I don't think it really fits the theme of the pose/retinue on his base.  He looks too statuesque to be dirty...








Comments

  1. Lovely work, man - that's a delightfully creepy model and you've done a fantastic job on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and he's not even close to the creepiest; Not a single exposed genitalia on this one.

      Delete
  2. Holy heck mate, that's fantastic!

    No blood for the very reason you put. In my mind he's to well put together to allow his person to remain soiled for any length of time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I suppose his entourage probably helps to keep him clean and sparkly.

      Delete
    2. Well if that's the case, where do I get me one of them entourages!? :P

      Delete

Post a Comment