Kingdom Death - Kara Black Painted

I don't think a model could get much more dynamic than this!  I'm so used to space marines haha.  Anyway pretty simple paint job, I'm quite happy with the tanned skin tone.  There's a few white specs that are leftover from the cloth drybrushing, but I can't physically see them when I hold it in front of my face 6 inches.  Maybe the spray varnish melted them :)
Before finishing her, I slept on the idea of her head because I couldn't find any photo references online about whether she was wearing a rag or not.  Everyone else painted it as hair, but the texture of it really seemed like a bandage wrap.  Thinking I was maybe crazy I couldn't decide at first.  now that it's painted, I'm 100% sure it is supposed to be a cloth wrapping that everyone else missed.  I still haven't crushed her story mission yet but will soon.  I think I'm going to order a 3rd party stone face as well for a terrain piece in case she drops her weapon :)

Comments

  1. No wonder these characters die so much! Hardly any protection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can't wear much protection or else you'd be too weak to lift giant rocks suspended by old socks...

      Delete
  2. Beautifully done, man - awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Playing this a lot... ordering myself expansion 'presents' to give to others to gift me at future occasions... have problem...

      Delete
  3. Really good! I like how the skin shine on the edges, it really makes it seem alive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ample elf flesh drybrush and some matte varnish go a long way :)

      Delete

Post a Comment