Khorne Cultists - Complete

I finished off my cultists which were really fun to paint for a change from marines.  Some skin tones and stuff which I'm not usually doing.  I also used Blood for the Blood God paint after they were varnished to add blood effect.  I tried the 'flick' technique to add spray and it didn't work at all (wouldn't flick at all).  Maybe with a toothbrush?  Anyway I just stuck to blood streaks.  Quite a bit of work for 6 point models but at least there are only 8 haha.
Here are a few shots from different stages showing different angles.

I like the detail on these guys where they added ritual scarring.  Pretty unique models.  I hope they come out with a more complex sprue and I'd add a second squad but for now I think this squad is it.  I don't want two that look the same!


Comments

  1. The time invested in these has really paid dividends, they look brilliant.
    I'm now looking a my cultist models (which I haven't used since the 3rd edition Codex) and thinking it might be time to get some paint on them.
    Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words. It's always nice to have some cannon fodder so 'get to work' I say!

      Delete
  2. My god...the skull bases just take these guys over the top. So freaking awesome. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe the odd head swap would have been a good idea, but still a very convincing unit. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Damn that's a great idea. Too late though! I even have some heads that probably would have worked :(

      Next time lol

      Delete

Post a Comment