Emerald Fists - Command Squad Idea - Forgeworld

I've wanted to build a command squad for my Emerald Fists since before they were even an idea.  I wanted a Crimson Fist command squad.  I have 2-3 of them built already but they were just standard marines with special shoulder pads and I could never really get on board to finishing them.
On the other hand I also keep seeing these awesome forgeworld sculpts for legion praetors and other HQ choices and while not wanting to paint more HQ models, I want these models.  By smashing these two ideas together, I've decided to grab these models and eventually make a command squad out of them. 


I think I'm going to go with the Mark IV Command (since it has a bannerman) and the champion/vox set.  I think this would give the most visually distinct and most game play options.  I'll also pick up some slate bases for them that are shorter than my existing HQs so that they don't overshadow them.  The other thing I like about these FW models is they don't really display their ranged weapons so it will allow me to proxy in whatever combi craziness I want without much fuss.

SPACE MARINE MkIV COMMAND SET
Mark IV Command

SPACE MARINE APOTHECARY SET
Apothecaries

LEGION CHAMPION AND MASTER OF SIGNAL
Champion and Master of Signal

Comments