Chaos Daemon Princes

I really wanted to have a daemon prince ever since I started the hobby. After looking through a lot of online images months back I decided that I needed something to make a small unique force that I could add to my existing marines. I've gone down a road where I've sold off all of my xenos and have a large collection of marines and guard now. I've also sold off a lot of my old painting that was sub-par to my current level and worked toward having multiple 'small' armies that can work together and mix and match. As an example, my drop pods, terminators and devastators are all Space Wolves, my tanks and assault marines are all Blood Angels, my fast attack (speeders/bikes) are all Night Hawks and someday I will have tactical marines that are all roman-esque ultramarines or custodes. .  .
I see no reason why select groups of marines would not form multi chapter forces and it actually looks cool on the table to see multiple chapters present. Of course I pick 1 codex to pull rules from at any given game and basing all of my models the same helps them mesh well.

I'm really trying to work on my gold trim and I think it's a sweet contrast with blue. The wings were done with adeptus battlegrey and 2 washes of badab black which gives it some easy texture. I went pretty heavy on the washes here which seemed to turn out alright (the blue is done with astronomicon grey and a blue wash). Since I've never painted blue really (aside from a librarian) I sort of went for a really bright look. I'm not usually a fan of bright colours on 40k models but daemon flesh should stand out I think.
I took the same base model of course but I wanted him to have a giant weapon and hated the stupid middle finger that he was giving (with both hands!). So I cut off a significant portion of his middle fingers (I'm not a puritan; but the model just looked dumb). I cut all of the fingers off of the right hand and reattached and green stuffed them to hold the axe. I also wanted him to look suitably magic so he's holding a ball of energy. I'm going to do something similar on the oblits.

On second thought the middle fingers are still huge; I did trim them, they're just so big.

Comments