Space Wolves Dreadnought

I finished off the last bit of my Space Wolves Dreadnought this morning.  After a varnish I'll put a decal or two in the thigh guards to seal the deal but otherwise he should be ready to kick some chaos skulls in. . .

I sponged this guy pretty liberally to make the damage stick out.  I also wasn't drawn to the face enough so I painted his nose spike gold to match everything.  I was scared of going a bit overboard on the gold and making it look to gaudy but I think this is just enough to fit in with my terminators. 
I also use da bit of tausept ochre drybrushing on the roof by the lamp to make it appear on.  The arms come off so that I can swap in other weapons.  He'll likely end up a rifleman most of the time.
I have two more that I am in the midsts of painting (Iron Fist and Blood Angel) and could likely get another done this week.  I'm not really likely the yellow on the imperial fist though but am not sure why.  I just am not a yellow guy I guess.  Soon enough I'll have a nice little band of dreads to move around.  Because of this (and the different chapters involved) I think the 'extra' weapons are going to be painted black and non descript so that they fit on all 3 torsos and don't look out of place.

Comments

  1. That is a sweet hammer. I think you should have left it as missiles :)

    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess you cna't see them that well in these photos but I assure you the underside of that hammer is rife with missiles :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment