Space Wolf Dreadnought WIP

I got around to priming my Space Wolf Dreadnought last night and will likely get to painting it this week (off from work).  I upsized this guy by adding parts of the dozer blade to his legs (shins) which gives him a 1/2" extra height.  Then staring at him, I noticed that he just didn't look like he'd fit in a SW army (I have 3 dreads and was debating what colour scheme to give them all).  So I set to work on coming up with something for him.  A kilt of course!...
  Using a large banner and a SW terminator cloak I've given him a wolf pelt kilt and greenstuffed all of the gaps and missing parts (you can see them if you look closely).  I'm so glad I picked up the tubes of greenstuff from Maelstromgames (you get about 10x more than the GW pack for the same price) which lets me experiment and learn a bit more freely.


I had run out of heads from the terminator sprue but wanted him to tie in a bit better with my existing terminators so I cut up a chaos marine head (took off the tusks).  He still has a nose spike which looks pretty cool and may sate some of the 13 co. naysayers.  I made the arms removable so they can swap out.  I'm not quite sure what he'll be in game yet (probably a lot of things) so I do have some autocannon arms for him, a hurricane bolter and maybe a lascannon.

I also wanted a dope hammer (my friend did this conversion as well and I loved it on his model so I stole the idea).  I modified it a bit from what he'd done and this is the result.  It's a Leman Russ las cannon from the old kit modified into a shaft with the drop pod missiles on top.  I also took the muzzel of a las cannon and attached it to the sides of the hammer for venting (I'd assume there would be a lot of heat here!).  Now the question is what colour to paint the kilt... I'm thinking red cloth and dark brown wolf.  His upper torso will have gold trim to match the rest of the army and make him look a bit more important.

Comments

  1. Love the hammer, love the tabard/wolf cloak.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed, you hammer conversion came out pretty sick. Still love the kilt.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment