Scratch Built Necron Pylon

This is the first plasticard project I ever did, back in 2007/8 I believe.  This took about 16 hours from start to finish and was definately a learning experience...
I cut my self quite a few times slipping, this was before I had a proper hobby cutting board (The green self healing type) and wasn't using a ruler.  On the close ups you can see the sloppy line work, but it served its purpose.  This model destroyed a few ork stompas in its day to be sure.  The crystal was part of a candy jar or something that broke in our cupboard and the gun muzzle is from a bunch of Mage Knight dwarves that were collecting dust.
I've since sold this entire army to a fellow in the US and never heard anything bad about the shipping so I assume it made it down there healthily.  Below you can see the beginnings of the pattern layout, the numerous layers required to make the ring, and the design of the base. . .

Comments