Kingdom Death - Crimson Crocodile - Painted

I spent a long time debating how to paint this one. The art all showed it as mostly a cream white and the resources implied it was quite pale. That said, why would it be a Crimson Crocodile if it was just white? I watched someone's video on how they painted there's and I thought it fit the bill quite well. I think they said they spent dozens of hours on theirs - mine was around 6 so I did the best I could haha.

I started by airbrushing a skyblue from below, then wych flesh then red over top along the spine and chest. 

This was my first foray into glazing. I bought some liquitex matte medium and used it to blend the sky blue belly into the white highlights. Definitely not a pro but it worked pretty well with these colours. I didn't mix colours much (maybe a 50:50) for the first blend but then everything else was just the base colour in a very transparent mix and applied multiple coats - basically started on one end and when I go to the other side, started over with the same mix and just went over it to 'dark' the applied colour.

The base, I painted red and then added an edge of white glue. Once dry, I added a couple layers of water effects. Once that dried I painted it with khorne blood. Once it was all sealed, I glazed the eyes to they'd look wet, and the tongue. After I took these pictures I did add more vegetation in a few different bush colours and some red flowers.



Comments