Kingdom Death Wooden Token Tray

I've used a tray for these tokens made from foam for a while and it just doesn't display them well during gameplay. It's fine for storage but it was hard to see the token faces and some of the tokens were doubled up. Instead of redoing it with foam I decided to use some scrap wood I had to make one. 

I started with gluing up strips much like a cutting board. Then I cut this down into strips and glued them together so I had an approximate 3x3 piece of wood. Once that was glued up, I drilled out some holes. This part took forever. I had to start with a small forstner bit and slowly increase the size or my drill press would seize. I'm not sure if this is my underpowered press, dull/crappy bits or the hard walnut. Probably a combination of all 3. Anyway, after WAY too long on that stage, I cut the block in half, then cut some ~15 degree angles on the pieces, flipped the pieces and glued it back together lengthwise. Then put a strip of wood at the front, punched in some labels and was ready to sand!

I finished with some linseed oil. There's room on the back row to combine the coloured tokens in case there's some future tokens I want to hold on here. Otherwise, each column holds 8 tokens at an angle so they're easier to see during play. You can see in the original photo with tokens in it that those of the back row are 'higher' than those at the front as a result of the upward angle.






Comments