Kingdom Death Monster - Cleric (Echoes of Death 2)

My current campaign recently unlocked a riot mace early on (under year 10) and it's crazy! Not sure what we will end up doing with it (i.e. which armour) but I don't have a leather armoured survivor with a club. So I figured I'd paint this one just in case. I think the pose is terrible (I like the action poses that appear to show survivors actually fighting monsters) but I have it and I think it looks better than what I'd scratch build without significant effort. The last leather armour I painted I did the cloth in my normal blueish-white but thought it was too bright. With these browns I think a tan-white is better (base with rakarth flesh and then wych flesh) as it blends in a lot better. I think this base is the 'musth' the survivors have to walk through to fight the gorm. I painted that with tallarn flesh, some red washes, dhenab stone washes and bone highlights before drywashing the whole thing with talarn flesh again. I wanted the detail mostly washed out. 

I'm not happy with the leg skin tones. It didn't blend well. I rushed it and highlighted too high (tallarn to elven flesh). I should have stopped somewhere around 50:50. So I just washed it a few times with reikland flesh shade
 





Comments