Kingdom Death Ore Vein

 

I was not happy with my previous attempt at an ore vein (just a nugget of pyrite glued to a base). It was uninspired. So I took a Dremel tool and ground out some fissures in these stone faces, painted them up and then glued pyrite into the cracks. I took the previous nugget, placed it in a latex glove and applied a hammer (gently). Now they glitter like crazy and fit the theme of my kingdom death terrain way better. 

Using the pyrite looks way better in my opinion than having just painted the cracks with metallic paint (I actually did this as a basecoat to check). Originally I painted golds in there but thought it looked too dark so just went with mithril silver so that it was even more reflective of the natural pyrite.

The base sizes don't match because of the faces I wanted to use, but that shouldn't matter in a game. It's just a bit jarring when they're placed alongside one another.

Comments