Kingdom Death Lion Knight Terrain

I finished my custom Lion Knight Terrain. The balcony and throne are sized so that models can stand on them as required. The balcony is crafted from air dry clay and mounted on two 40mm square bases that were trimmed to fit snuggly. The trap door therein is something I found in my bits box and works much better than anything I could craft.

The horn is also made of clay with the ball (squeezy part) being a plastic bead (the same ones I used for my spidicules terrain). 

For the throne, I had a friend 3d print a chair I found on thingverse. I added the cloth / cushion  to the chair to give it some more detail and also made the rug. I looked at some Persian rugs online and decided the easiest way to replicate it was with a sponge. So I sponged on some blue, yellow, red and tan before adding a few washes to it. I also painted on some swirls with darker brown to mimic some wood grain on the chair. This was done very carefree - just some strokes not concerned with the width or coverage of the brown. I was 'inspired' by my oak gaming table but since it's kingdom death is must be murder oak.



This last photo is all of the terrain, including the marble stage I made a few years back.




Comments