Wooden Toys for Christmas

I decided to try my hand at making some small wooden toys for gifts. The first one I tried out was a set of bulldozers. I don't have a scroll saw or bandsaw so I cut these with a handsaw and jigsaw and then sanded the rest into shape. I didn't want them to break too easily if dropped so I drilled in some dowels for strength at the joins. Nothing too fancy here, just trying out some stuff. I learned a lot - especially that I need a drill press! The holes I drilled are not straight. On the crane with a wrecking ball I even tried to add wheels underneath (which worked well enough) but because the holes I drilled aren't perfect, all 4 wheels don't touch the ground at the same time. I can't imagine kids would care too much though. In any case, it was a fun little side project. 






Comments