Painting Children's Toys

I haven't posted much lately as my hobby time isn't what it once was, and I've been using my free time mostly to play PC games. However, here's the most recent thing I've painted. Oh how life changes. Firstly, this fisher-price toy house has an annoying electronic sound system that recites songs random songs in English, and then French. There's no way to select a language and each push of a button plays one of a few things somewhat related to the room the button is in. So when pushed, it might play a little song twice (English/French) or flush a toilet. So my kid is pushing the button wondering why the toilet isn't flushing and it's some song about splashing in the bath. Anyway, I gutted the machine and ripped out the speaker. Yes I could have just taken out the batteries, but this way, the button in the kitchen still turns on the light. Wonderful!  I'll paint some of my own toys over the holidays hopefully :)


The toy actually has lots of neat little raised surfaces with depictions of room relevant things (food and appliances in the kitchen or toiletries in the bathroom) but none of them have colour so they're hard to see. To help facilitate make believe, I painted a few of them very quickly (was hard to get my hand angle correct, and my 2 year old won't care). So now there's more visual cues in there. First thing I hear when I bring it out, is why is there only water in the sink and bathtub and not the toilet because that's where you pee. So I had to fix that.
 YOu can sorta see there's more stuff in there on the walls etc. but I really only wanted to spent 30 minutes adding a few touch ups that will inevitably be scraped off.

Comments