Kingdom Death - Tall Grass Terrain WIP

A long while back I made a prototype tall grass terrain piece (actually 4 sub pieces) and it was too embarrassing to share. In fact, I was too bothered by it to use during games though one of my friends always insisted. I am now planning to remedy this situation rightly. I cut some hard board bases to the appropriate size and added a few stone face pieces. I used a hot glue gun to add some texture and raise the 'base' around the terrain pieces. I'm waiting for warmer weather to prime them before painting the base a dark brown and doing the details. I have some grass tufts to add after, but don't have any flock in the right colour (just that old fashioned green that was everywhere on models in the 90s). So I'll have to wait for that to come from ebay. I plan to put a tall stand of grass (paint brush bristles) in 3 of the four corners. This will allow the piece to be rotated if a monster is partially on the corner, and allow a 2x2 base to fit in the dead centre, or 1/2 half off. Seeing as how this is one of the most common terrain pieces I really shouldn't have waited this long!

Comments