New photo light box

I've been photographing my miniatures for 10 ish years now with just a desk lamp and finally decided to try something else. I didn't want to spend a bunch of money and I found this on Ebay for 10 bucks shipped. There were a bunch of various sizes and prices and I think I had to sort through 5 pages or so before finding one I wanted (I think the others might be very similar but in some cases cost more for some reason). Anyway, nothing fancy at all and for 10 bucks it's even easier/quicker to set up than the last method I was using of a large sheet of poster board.

I've included a photo from both set ups (the old using just a desk lamp, and new box). One issue with the box is the intensity of the top down light is pretty extreme so when lowering the exposure of the camera it makes the shadows on the front too dark. So I will need to use my desk lamp as well to shine light directly from the front. I look forward to using this going forward.



old
new



Comments