Kingdom Death White Gigalion WIP

I sat down to paint this with my junky old airbrush (single action syphon) that I paid about $30 for 10 years ago and 45 minutes later I had a poor basecoat. The airbrush ended up in the garbage and I "rage" bought a new one online. Once it arrived, I left it in my closet for a few months, slightly hesitant to try it out.

I decided to push past that and start again. I'm going with the same colours as my original white lion (almost 4 years later). He's not attached to the stone face.

Using the new dual action, gravity feed brush (first time) I redid the basecoat and then did two more layers up from the dhenab stone to whych flesh and white scars (I believe those are the citadel current colours). I used some watered down gryphonne sepia equivalent to get some contrast in the main and then drybrushed it up to white again. I may put some watered down wash in the muscle texture too.


I also just realized when my group played him as a vignette the day I assembled him, we cheated. Apparently he always runs away whether he has someone adjacent or not. Ooops.

Comments