Table Saw Bench

I decided to 'upgrade' my table saw by building a work bench for it. I took these plans here as a guide and modified them slightly. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKSJctIdbcA All of the wood aside from one small piece was made with scrap I'd been hording. Same with the door knobs, hinges and the spray paint for the front. I even managed to sell the stand it came with to cover the cost of the casters! The original stand didn't have wheels and was a bit wobbly. This now has storage, rolls, is solid, and has an extension to support larger sheets. The drawers aren't on sliders or anything (they're expensive) and I find that they pull out just fine. It wouldn't be ideal for a dresser or a kitchen, but for an occasional use thing, they work great.
Being able to roll this out quickly makes it much more appealing to use too! Next up, a better work bench.



Comments

  1. Nice work! I have a similar level of table saw, and it would really benefit from an upgrade like this (plus then I could make it tall enough to use more comfortably)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The real gem of this is the new workbench I made. I took my stationary work bench apart, recycled some of the wood, and made a slightly smaller one on wheels that is 1/8" shorter than this table saw so I have a portable outfeed. I'll make sure to post those soon. The whole set up is so much safer and less sketchy trying to cut large boards (I made the mistake of watching youtube tablesaw videos; they're scary).

      Delete

Post a Comment