Kingdom Death - Green Knight Armour - Painted

Impossible to craft but not impossible to paint! I followed the same techniques I used on my Flower Knight and also drew heavily on the concept art with the blue and green armour. I did this with metallic paints and blue and green washes followed up by metallic dry brushing.

The male is heavily slanted backward but when he's placed near a monster it makes him look like he's arcing up to meet it since they're usually taller. 

On the rear of the models you can see the subtle/thin green banding I added to the bottom of the capes as embroidery. I can't free hand well so I stuck with straight lines. They break it up a lot and I'll probably start adding this little touch to models in the future to add visual interest on larger pieces of clothing. 


So much flow! Even the blades I went with green tinting. I might have to use these models for bad-ass green saviors since there's no way we'll ever manage to craft the legitimate set.

These guys were quite detailed and were fun to paint with a different style, i.e. mostly washes.

Comments

  1. Nice models, the metallic green armour is a very nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) With so many models it's fairly easy to try new things out.

      Delete
  2. Loving the site redesign. Your KD Models are just absolute beauties everytime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I try to keep them all unique for my sanity/experience and so that they are entertaining to look at in my cabinet. No more 100 of the same model/colour scheme.

      And Blogger had a pretty new template so it was easy as a click to update the site layout. I think it works better on phones too and focuses more on this really being just a photobook with text :)

      Delete

Post a Comment