Once I settled on where the forest floor would go, I glued it down with 2-part epoxy. The feet are dry fit here, but I've used joint compound (for dry wall) to fill in and texture the base. This provided a gradient up to the plastic floor base. While it was wet I pushed in the feet to give some impression of the weight sinking into the earth. I also created two 25 mm slots for infantry bases to fit into. I'm hoping primer will seal the joint compound so paint doesn't dissolve it. I'll add the trees later once all of the titan is built and painted. They should slot right into the base (this is the citadel wood forest kit).