Imperial Assault - Gideon Argus - Space Pimp

If you've played Imperial Assault, then you know Gideon Argus is the 'leader' of the rebel team.  In our current campaign no one chose him and I decided when we restart I'd like to use him.  So I took him home to paint up.  I should say though that while we were in our last game, after a few beers, we were joking that he'd look good in a pimp hat. The stance of the model looks way too relaxed and appears to be holding a flask. I started by green stuffing fur to cover his shoulders.  That was simply a tube of green stuff poked hundreds of times with a knife point.  I also added a hat, turned his binoculars into a champagne bottle and added some gold chains and a clock.  The painting obviously tied it all together with a silk shirt and leopard print pants :)  It's hard to see since the camera wouldn't focus closer (model is too small) but he does have a gold tooth as well, just doesn't contrast with the white teeth a lot.  

Pimpin' wasn't easy so Gideon joined the Rebellion.
I'm excited to play with him and 'give orders' hahaha.  Oh another subtle addition was rotating his laser hand a bit for more of a 'kill shot'.  Since taking the picture I also added a bit of a feather from a cat toy to his hat.  Gave him back to my buddy last Sunday and I think we're playing this Friday.  Will be fun!


The intended colour scheme.

The original model, without pimp clothes.

Comments

  1. Haha, he is pretty funny now. Looks like a drunk pimp issuing orders to his rebel hoes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah :) I may have to borrow one of the other characters as an entourage :) Best thing about him is his character is actually the 'command' character in the game and does in fact 'issue orders' in game play haha

      Delete

Post a Comment