Khorne Maulerfiend - progress 2

Black done, flesh done, metal done the only thing that's left is the bronze.  I've never used Nihilakh oxide before and this being a new army is a perfect chance to try out a new paint type. I'm a bit worried but will let these washes dry first.  My plan for the army is to use red (obviously) for the flesh of the daemons and black as the major secondary colour for the armour on vehicles, bikes, bloodcrushers and such.  I bought this model preassembled and the neck was placed in what I can only say is wrong, but despite trying my hardest I couldn't break the bond without breaking the model.  In my opinion the neck spines should be rotated to the model's left in line with its head.  Hopefully I'm the only one who will notice.  I think I'll also try out the new blood technical paint on this army too.

Comments

  1. It looks like it's tasting the air for its next victim, so I think you've got away with the angle of the head, I thought you'd modelled it that way on purpose and was thinking what a good idea!
    It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha glad it's convincing. I don't think a hammer would break that bond. I'm going to add some blood effect I think once my bases come in the mail from Poland.

      Delete
  2. I think it looks great, and I wouldn't worry too much about the spine. You will notice, but no one else will.

    I find that forcing a break in a bond never results in a happy end result. Either you cut yourself and bleed all over the paint, or the model explodes somehow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Contrary to what I was told as a kid, I use a super dull hobby knife these days. When I used a sharp one, I was constantly cutting the tips off of my fingers or stabbing myself by mistake since it was so sharp. But yeah I totally agree. Blood does bleed off the primer well though.

      Delete

Post a Comment