Here's my attempt to make a marble-ish pattern on my land raider. It did not turn out. Anyway first picture shows the green basecoat.
Next I sponged on a bunch of different greens
Then black and some more green. But once I was done, it really just looked like camouflage which is not what I was going for. So instead, I just rebased it green. I'm glad I tried it, as trying things is how you learn, but I'm a bit disapointed I couldn't get the effect I wanted. I'd also tried a few other things on the bottom of the tank like solid green with cracks but it looked bad too.
So here we are now. I have removed the tape and we just have green. On to the trim and shading for the green!