[Emerald Fists] Legion Praetor Librarian Conversion

My Terminator Librarian is done!  I think this guy will become my Chief Librarian instead of my power armoured guy.  This one just looks way better.  Made from the Forge World Legion Praetor, I've added a bunch of bits like keys, books and scrolls to his belt, changed the weapon and added some power cables.  I have his left hand on a magnet so that I can swap it.  The plan is to put a storm shield there (a Black Templar one from Forge World) and I don't have one yet.  Either way, I've still written some backstory for him:

 Despite grievous losses during the Schism which prevented participation, the Emerald Fists were in observance during the 815th Feast of Blades. Early in the proceedings Sword Brethren Ermhart of the Black Templars passed a whispered insult on the spectating Chief Librarian of the Emerald Fists, Jerek Lor. Slighted by the offence, Lor's eyes blazed not with the power of the aether but distilled rage. Lor removed his gauntlet and threw it at Ermhart's feet as he turned to walk away. Ermhart's honour did not allow him to refuse the challenge, and so he knelt to pick up the gauntlet in acceptance. Although not a participant in the Feast, Lor was given opportunity to defend his honour. Lor submitted to a psydampening collar and took his place within The Cage; he would not let the Templar claim that the warp had granted his resolve. Ermhart was a champion representing the Black Templars at the Feast and had the skill with a gladius to prove his place. Lor was centuries old and had honed both his sword arm and mind through innumerable battles. Lor fought not with precision unrestrained fury and absorbed each blow by bashing the broad side of his opponent's gladius away if not with sword than open palm, forearm and or shin. For every exchange Lor landed a deeper riposte. Wound after wound was landed on each combatant, only Dorn's stubbornness keeping them standing. Yet Lor's two hearts beat faster as Ermhart's slowed and within minutes the fight was over; the librarian stood over the immobile sword brethren, both bloody and scarred. Before the end of the Feast, humbled, Ermhart found Lor and the two exchanged fraternal words and clasped wrists. To this day Lor carries Ermhart's storm shield emblazoned with both the Templar's and his own crests while the sword brethren painted his left gauntlet sapphire blue to honour the librarius, forever a sign of respect between the two sons of dorn.


 
 
I painted this guy's head seperately since there's no way I could reach it otherwise.  Sadly the camera wouldn't focus on it well.

Comments

  1. Amazing work. Really nice job on the head, even though it's a bit blurry. Golds and the white weathering armor are spot on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man. I should have taken a better photograph with him beside a normal marine. The armour looks far more like a subdued blue when beside the cream of my marines. You can see it in the shoulder pad vs everything else image. I was debating doing an army shot today but I'm super lazy.

      Delete
  2. I love how that turned out - excellent build, and the paint job is fantastic. Great work, man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this was posted a long time ago so i hope you see this because thinking of doing a conversion using Legion Praetor to make a Inquisitor is terminator armour. My question is what kit did you get that left open hand from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe it's from a grey knight terminator though can't be sure, it was in my bits box with a few other versions. Also blogger alerts authors when comments are posted :)

      Delete

Post a Comment