Wolf Priest in Terminator Armour (Painted)

I finished painting my wolf priest today.  I'm happy with how he turned out.  Quite a bit darker than my normal space wolves but still in the same style so he should fit right in.  I didn't go with a true black but painted him with Charadon Granite and 3 washes of badab black.    The highlights were dulled a lot in the photos but there is adeptus battlegrey on there I assure you :)  The eyes were a pain to get to and I restarted them literally 10 times.  I'm not happy with them now but I got tired of repainting them.  I really need to buy new paint brushes is the problem.  My detail brush is probably four years old at this point (still the blue handled GW one).

Here are a few more angles.  Friday night he'll be let lose in a game so we'll see how well he does.  At this point I don't think there's much more to add to my Logan-wing.  I may paint up two fenrisian wolves for the odd time I run a lone wolf but that's probably it.  It's nice to finish projects.


 
I took a chaos terminator combi melta and cut off the strange symbols. The chaos gloves and such will look good as my 13th-ish style too. The giant chainblade is the 'Fang of Morkai' which can messily extract progenoid gland. The crozeus is made from a power maul shaft with a wolf standard? bit in place of the head. I modelled a new helmet from him out of a genestealer skull. I had to cut the back of it down a lot so that it would fit into the armour and not protrude oddly. If you look at the feet closely you can see where I have added 2mm of plasticard to give him more height as I have with all of my terminators.
 

Comments

  1. I would have never thought to use that particular bit for a head, but it seems to work and be slightly disturbing on top of that as any good Chaplain should be.

    Ron, FTW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I can't actually take credit for it. I took the idea from some guy's image I found on google that did this with a space hulk terminator. I modified it slightly to be more recessed but the idea was his. The internet is for sharing though!

      Delete
  2. I agree with Ron - cool and disturbing....
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment