One Man's Junk

Do I ever love Kijiji.

I've done this multiple times, where I'll find someone who is either impatient, too lazy to list items descriptively or won't divide up collections.

For the latter, most people won't pay what a collection is 'worth' because they likely only need 1-2 items from say a 10 item collection; therefore they don't place any value on the other 8 items...


All three of those reasons came up in a single Kijiji ad two weeks ago where I paid $80 for the following items:
4 Leman Russ
1 Valkyrie
1 Monolith
4 Sentenels
125+ IG Guardsmen
1 Chimera
1 Griffon
1 Hellhound
5 Ogryn

Now if you price all of this stuff out it is well over 800 bucks; the problem is it was in horrible shape (broken and falling apart or poorly painted).  The guy had an ad saying 'random IG items make offer'.  So I did, and purchased it all for 80 bucks.

I then proceeded to list the items individually and with photos (the other guy didn't have any pictures).

Because I am patient and not in a rush to sell, I am now $225 richer, kept two Leman Russ tanks (the two I converted earlier) a hellhound and about 25 IG Guardsmen and also traded for a Rhino and 5 Grey Knights.  All in all I'm up the $225 profit and about $250 worth of models.  Now to spend that profit on beer and toys...

Yup all gone.

Comments

  1. This is awesome, consider me jealous!

    My problem with brilliant buys like this is me being such a hoarder! I think to myself "Oh...that'll make a brilliant squad of X, that tank will look great with X" etc. etc.!

    Nice blog sir!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to sell off things that I can't use or can't see myself having time to get to. As the lone follower I'm glad you approve :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment