Saturday, 31 August 2013

Action Shot - War of Faith

Here's a shot from the narrative I'm slowly working on.  The Word Bearer and his cultists have surrounded the most resolute of the defending Raven Guard.  Pitting the strength of faith in his Emperor against the unwavering zealotry and devotion to the dark gods; these two powerful religious figures square off and inspire their men.

Monday, 26 August 2013

[Emerald Fists] Havocs / Devastators Painted

I finished these guys recently.  I wanted something modular for the dev team and shoulder mounted weapons is the easiest way.  With the forgeworld weapon packs I added autocannon barrels to heavy bolters so that I'd have autocannons for the havocs.  Once the new marine codex comes out I'll see what weapon I want to spam and paint those up.  The picture doesn't capture it on everyone but I cast shoulderpads to mark them as devs (see the sergeant).  I really like how these perform with the autocannons so they're definately a staple in the nurgle army.  Not enough ranged fire without them. 

Monday, 19 August 2013

[Review] Eclipse Board Game

This is my second review in 2 weeks and I want to say I'm not becoming a regular reviewer, but I bought this game this summer and my friends and I really enjoyed it after a few plays.  It's probably a bad review but here are my thoughts afterwards.

Monday, 12 August 2013

[Review] Mechanical Warhorse Explosion Markers

My order recently came in for a bunch of markers from Mechanical Warhorse.  These markers are an acrylic and multipart.  Two friends and I purchased something like twenty five bases of various sizes.  The 100P3 size is pretty bang on for a leman russ or rhino chassis and the 100P4 is pretty good for a land raider.  The 100P2 is a little smaller than a dreadnought base but they worked for that and for marking Dark Eldar venoms.  In the first game we used them (2v2, 1750/player) we went through I think 20.  Of course only you know how many you need and how many vehicles you own.  Every time a vehicle exploded it was a bit of a chore to assemble a marker (there are 2 orange/red flames, 1 smoke, the base and the orange flame).  After the game I took rough sandpaper to the bottom 1/2 cm of the red/orange and smoke pieces and then super glued them.  Now each marker is just 3 pieces and they're much sturdier, easier to store and assemble.  If you had a lot of room you could glue the whole marker but I want them to store flat.  Your mileage may vary.

Thursday, 8 August 2013

[Objective] Emerald Fists Dead Terminator WIP

I've seen a few people make this fellow into an objective marker and wanted to do the same.  I shaved off the blood icons (except a jewel hanging on his belt which is easily just a bouble) and replaced everything with brass etch.  I like having custom objective markers to fight over in my 40k games.  Maybe this will inspire some of my friends to make some :)

Monday, 5 August 2013

300th Post! Lysander Painted

The captain of the Emerald Fists First Company is now complete.  Sadly his company only has 5 other members right now.  I'll have to remedy that with 5 hammer terminators at some point.  As with all of my models you can see the gritty paint scheme on this guy too. 

Followers

Google+ Followers

Blog Exchanges