Here's the progress I've been making on my land raider with the chapterhouse doors. I had to do some greenstuffing on the sponsons (the 'roof') where the resin was so thin it broke when I gently pressed the bits together. I don't have any GS tools which is a pain so I did my best to flatten the GS and then applied 3 layers of super glue which self levelled and made a semi smooth surface. Can hardly tell now! It assembles very poorly but with some pinning the look is good. I wouldn't recommend it if you're impatient and don't want to do some drilling/ greenstuff/ carving. Other than the crappy cast I like everything else about the look of this chapterhouse mod.
Thursday, 27 June 2013
Monday, 24 June 2013
Thursday, 20 June 2013
I spent some time messing with this stupid blog Emerald Fists Gallary. Here are some pictures and a fluff compilation of the Emerald Fists thus far. I'm not very apt with blogger. It seems to interpret what you want a bit too much and doesn't display content in the final version of a document the way it does in edit mode. Even though I have experience with website coding, when I attempt to 'write' even the simplest code blogger alters it into a complex garble that won't display properly. This all works fine on simple pages with a few pictures but when I try to present a nice formatted article it just doesn't work. Anyway enjoy! Someday I'll make a nice display photo set with both sides facing off against one another.
Monday, 17 June 2013
I finished these up for an apocalypse game that's schedules for next weekend. I expect many fliers and these will be great defence for that. I bought 3 of these launchers from puppetswar and they're removable in the odd instance I might want a hyperios land raider or 3 whirlwinds. The bases also let me make point defence turrets (tarantulas). Down the road I'll paint up some of those for them as well. The radar dish also comes off and can drop on a rhino to create a command rhino. I'm eager to try that out. All in all this unit was great to put out as I can use it for so many different things. Multifunctional models are great since they cut down on painting requirements. 2 tyranids with 1 bolter eh? For anyone curious those are 60 mm bases.
Thursday, 13 June 2013
I started the shading on my hyperios launchers. I still have to do the skull white and the paint chipping before moving onto the details but they're coming along nicely. I really like the look of these bits. None of the parts scream 'paint me green' though so I'll have to think on that to tie them into the rest of the colour scheme for the army. I really can't see myself painting the trim of the boxes green as it would draw too much attention to the 'box'. The missiles will be a camo green colour and not emerald. Maybe a small band around the pods themselves.
Monday, 10 June 2013
While those strong of character may rise to become lords, those strong of purpose can be sidetracked by such single-mindedness. Among the Emerald Fist traitors, those who fully embraced the touch of Nurgle and fought for prominence among their peers were granted the gift of tactical dreadnought armour. The terminator armour fashioned by the Dark Mechanicus on Juro IV is a gross interpretation of the STC and appears to encourage integration of its wearer's flesh with the outer shell. Once encased within the battle plate, the wearer quickly begins to bond with the ceremite; warping its plates and penetrating breaches with warped flesh. Although the armour appears compromised by disrepair, plasma burns and bleeding metal, the hulking mass is all but impossible to stop with anything short of antitank weaponry.
Thursday, 6 June 2013
Working off the list of models I must paint before I'm allowed to buy/build anything more, I decided to grab the Caestus. I had originally painted this for my space wolves but I've decided to commit 100% to the Emerald Fists and not add to the space wolves anymore. The caestus also fits the type of 'war' I feel the Fists would lead and the model is awesome. There was a mold line down the side (you can see it) and I had tried to scrape it off but I think I'd have needed a dremmel (which I don't own). I'll put some battle damage here and I think the eye will be drawn away from it (I hope!). I'm planning to do hazard stripes down the top and sides of the two pods as well and can't wait to try that out. The end result will be a pretty beat up paint job I figure.
The fists on the wings are from the brass etch set and once I bent them correctly fit like a charm in that spot.
Monday, 3 June 2013
I finished painting my chaos hell blade. Here's a link of what the flames looked like in progress. The canopy is made out of wire mesh I bought at the craft store. The photo of the underside shows the flame effect a lot better. On the top I couldn't get the stencil flat and the headlights break up the flames too much and ruin the effect. I've been told this looks like 'warp glow' now so I guess that isn't too bad. This model really stands out on the table though with the pumpkin orange. This was a really big change for me with my typically muted colour palette. I won't be changing the rest of my painting but this was really nice to try. Being an 'attached' unit to an army in my mind, it could have a different colour scheme than the marines.